Monday 20 May 2013

The Robin's Nest - Growing A Snowman

I recently applied to be an international layout member for The Robin's Nest  design team. As part of that application process the requirement was to create a project and upload it on 20th May.
 
 
 
For my layout I chose a photo from this March of my youngest at the allotment making a snowman.  Absolutely crazy that at the time when we should be planting crops we are growing a snowman.
 
So here is the project:
 
 
and the step by step
 
 
I started with a sheet of off white cardstock and used a glass beads texture gel through a Dylusions stencil.  I love this gel. The glass beads give an amazing effect but it is hard to pick it up with a camera.

 
Once it had dried I used some mists randomly.

 
I mounted my photo onto some Prima patterned paper and inked the edges. I added some Websters Pages ribbons

 
I made some flowers from some old book pages and sprayed them with the same inks I used over the texture gel.  I added some Candi dots in random places, some Prima flowers and a butterfly.  I also used a grey ink pad in the top left hand corner to create an area for my title.
 

 
A close up of the book print flowers
 

 
A close up of the misted texture gel
 

 
and the Prima flowers and butterfly.
 
 
The Robin's Nest also have a blog called Chattering Robins where all their lovely design team work is displayed. 
 
Thanks for looking.
 
 

1 comment:

Proxxon Tools said...

very pretty. thanks for your interest in being on the Robin Nest DT