Thursday 20 September 2012

Glossybox September 2012

So the September Glossybox arrived yesterday and it is about Rising Stars. 

The box was designed by Maggie Li and I have to say that I absolutely love the design. 

At this point I'll have to say excuse the poor photos. My camera isn't playing along nicely today and some of them are quite blurry but anyway here is the box.



and this is the full contents




L'Oreal Mythic Oil Colour Glow Oil.  This is a full size product @£15.95 for 125ml which is a quite substantially sized bottle plus a couple of sachets which are shampoo and conditioner.  The box of the Colour Glow Oil says - Radiant oil for colour-treated hair; contains a blend of linseed oil and cranberry oil.  Instantly absorbed for a lightweight feel and finish, it leaves colour-treated hair feeling nourished and protected and looking smooth and glossy.  I have to say I'm really looking forward to trying this because my hair is heavily coloured and bleached and goes like straw at times. It smells gorgeous.  I'll be reporting back on how these go.





Rodial Glamoxy Snake Serum and 5 Minute Facial.  2 sachets of each.  It looks as if that is how they are sold as 10 sachets of the serum are £29 so I have £5.80 worth of sample and 10 of the 5 minute facial are £10.95 so £2.19 worth of sample. Although the info card does show a bottle of the product so maybe it is available in other ways. The blurb says - Glamoxy Snake Serum is a revolutionary product with instantly visible results, helping to reduce the appearance of frown lines and wrinkles.  5 minute facial is a triple action resurfacing gommage clay mask. I am quite excited to try this and test the 'instantly visible results'.


Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Relaxing Complex 7ml. The full sized 50ml is £29.99 so this works out at £4.19.  It is a generous sized sample.  I know from past experience of doing market research for Olay that this is their standard sized sample. No sachets with less than one application with Olay. You get to actually test it over maybe three applications which is a good thing.  I do like their products so I'm looking forward to this one. Blurb says - Instantly helps smooth the look of fine lines. Over time, helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles.  Another one that says instantly!



Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream 7ml - Full size is 15ml and £20 so this works out around £9.30.  Blurb says - A triple action cream designed to soothe tired eyes, smooth away dark shadows and reduce the appearance of fine lines.  I did actually receive this in another beauty box a few months ago and I have to say I do like it.  I'm not sure whether the claims are true about dark shadows etc but it does sink in really well and the eye area feels nicer (when I remember to use it) so I will definitely get use out of this one when my other runs out.

  Last thing was Lady Gaga Fame Fragrance 1.2ml - £25 for 30ml so this is worth about a quid. It's weird stuff as you would expect from Lady Gaga. For starters it's black but turns clear once you've had it on for a few seconds.  I definitely wouldn't recommend spraying it when you are wearing anything light coloured.  The ingredients have a bit of a twist - tears of Belladonna (erm yeah OK), Crushed heart of tiger orchidea with a black veil of incense pulverised apricot and the combinative essences of saffron and honey drops.  After reading that I have to say I was expecting a quite strong scent but in actual fact it is very delicate and if I'm totally honest it didn't last very long on me at all.

So my verdict on this box - I really like it.  I feel like I've got my moneys worth and that they are all products I will use. 

No comments: