We planted a few rosa rugosa
and planted a few fence posts
there was a fair bit of cold weather
I couldn't resist going there for a walk in the virgin snow.
the rosa rugose started to rear their heads.
we almost finished putting up a chicken wire fence. We ran out of wire and then the weather wasn't particularly favourable so there is a section or two still not fenced in. Hopefully this weekend we will get it done.
I asked the workmen working on the estate the allotment is in for some pallets and also got some from my hubby from work and constructed a compost area.
A lady I know from school, whose husband has a plot nearby, gave us some strawberry plants that were threatening to take over their plot. I found a spot that didn't need a huge amount of digging, removed the weeds, dug it over and planted them through some weed control fabric. We found a few bits and pieces to weigh down the fabric. I've no idea whether I've done it right but they are in the ground so we will see what happens.
this spot of the plot is my next project once it dries out a bit. Weeding all those dandelions (they came from nowhere) and digging over and then maybe we can think of planting some seeds.