Thursday 1 October 2009

A Knitting Royalty Kit

This year I joined Socks That Rock - a sock knitting kit club and the September one has just arrived.

The designers of the socks in the kits are all very well known but this month it is Cat Bordhi who I would consider part of knitting royalty. There is only one kit left for this year but 2 designers on the list so hopefully in November there will be 2 patterns. One of those designers is my absolute favourite sock designer - Cookie A who also has a lot of free patterns available in the online knitting magazine Knitty


Anyway this is the September kit. Yarn is called River Rocked and it is gorgeous autumnal shades of browns and teal.

and this is the pattern. Hopefully work will start on these very soon.

and as for that sari silk yarn. It is going in the bin. I have done about 12 inches of the scarf and it looks a complete mess. Even holding it very gently there are lots of sections where one slight tug and it is broken so I am admitting defeat.

5 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Those socks look gorgeous. And bad luck with the sari silk. I sent some to my sissy in the USA a couple years ago - doyou think that's why I've never seen anything she made with it. Shame.

Mole said...

I am in awe of anyone who can/does knit socks!

Angie said...

What a shame about your sari yarn ....it sounded so exotic.

Unknown said...

Those socks look fab!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful yarn! Everytime I see one of the STR kits I wish I had joined - but when I was in, I never knit any of the kits.