Wednesday, 29 June 2011


On Monday evening I went to pull that cord that would bring the slats of the venetian blind in the kitchen down so I could shut it and the whole lot came flying down along with plaster, dust and a right mess.

Now the blind has been in place for well over 10 years and our first thought was that some damp had gotten in there somehow but it was all as dry as a bone.  I have no idea why it fell down but we were left with a bit of a problem to solve because I hate not having anything up at the window.  We live in a long terrace with other houses looking straight across at both front and back so I needed to do something to have a bit of privacy.

I ended up making a dash to town yesterday morning before a hospital appointment to source some net curtaining and a tension rod.  Luckily there was some plain net in a clearance bin at only £1 a metre so I snapped it up and spent the afternoon taking it up by a few inches and then ironing the creases out. Plus scrubbing the window and surrounding area.

It isn't perfect but much better than nothing until we can get the plaster sorted out.

I really can't wait to start decorating the kitchen.  The green paint is vibrant and loud and I hate it with a passion.  It is such an immense task though so I'm thinking of maybe september when the kids go back and the weather isn't too hot or too cold.

Looksie at what I got in the post today.

Enough to open a wool shop I think.  They were bargain packs at stupid prices so I guess I'm going to be busy making some flowers for the shop in some lovely new colours.

1 comment:

Natalie Jane said...

good job you did with that netting!! :) :)

Oooh can't wait to see what you make with all that wool!!!!! :) :)

Did you say that you want to sponsor the blog too ;)