Monday 1 March 2010

A New Month

and it is one of my favourites.  March usually sees a change for the better in the weather, lighter nights, buds on trees and my absolute favourite - blossom trees are in bloom.

I've used a blossom tree picture as inspiration over on the shop challenge blog.  Couldn't resist really.



The first of the month brings with it a new mystery sock challenge.  To be honest with you I am getting a bit bored of knitting socks at the moment BUT I like the mystery challenges because it is a part of the pattern released each week and isn't too overwhelming.  Plus the local yarn shop is closing down and I found some 4ply yarn in a lovely green shade for only £2 which will be ideal for this lace and cable pattern.  Well that's what it looks like anyway from the first clue.

The other thing the first of the month brought was a new part of the My Little Heart SAL (sew along).  I was trying to guess what it would be yesterday and I was thinking maybe flowers and a lamb and we actually have a ladybird and some flowers which is very nice.  My guess for april is either a chick or bunny.

Anyway better go as it is 'fat club' this afternoon and I need to go and see how much weight I have put on.  I swear I don't know what is happening.  I have switched a lot of products to lower fat versions and have tried doing more exercise but nothing ever seems to change on the weight front.  Maybe it is the willpower to resist takeaways that is lacking.

2 comments:

Kiwi The Kreator said...

That tree is beautiful! I'm having the same problem with my weight...may have to stop eating for two months and see if THAT helps!!!

Anonymous said...

people inside my house are also trying to go on a diet
at least i can just relax because i got a normal weight for my age and height
but you are making a good job still