Friday 30 December 2011

2011 Turns Into 2012

So 2011 is going to turn into 2012 on Saturday evening.  I found this fabulous photo on facebook. I have no idea where it came from but I wanted to share it. Such a simple but effective idea.


I'm not going to bore you with a 2011 roundup thing.  If I want to know what happened at a later point I'll look back through the archives on the right hand side of the page.

I did have a few goals for 2011 but I was rubbish at keeping them is all I will say.

In 2012 I am going to try and:

Keep up with my own A to Z Discovery Challenge (see post from a couple of days ago for details). Last night I prepared a notebook with a few pages for each letter and will have it somewhere nearby for the whole year. The aim being that if any of us have an idea for a particular letter before we reach it then we will put that idea into the notebook and when the letter comes around we will try/read/do that thing.

Resume the couch to 5k running I started in September.  I got to week 3 and life got in the way/I was too lazy to be bothered (delete as appropriate) so this time around I want to at least try and get beyond that point.

Decorate the kitchen and replace the cupboard doors (this was a goal last year)

Take part in a couple of craft fairs

Be a bit more organised with design team projects and not leave assignments until the very last day.

Take each day as it comes and try to stay a bit calmer when things get to meltdown point with the boys.

One last one which I have tried to incorporate for the last few weeks is to have a recipe plan for the week and make a shopping list.  My grocery bills were getting ridiculous and we were throwing so much food away but since taking this step I have found it so much easier.

Happy new year everybody.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Love this Image Kerry! Happy New Year!

Julie J said...

Like your photo and many of those goals are similar to what i know I need to do.