Friday 9 December 2011

Meet Fred

Fred is our resident house elf or at least until Christmas Eve.

He is The Elf On The Shelf and has been quite a godsend this year. It is his first year with us and I discovered him at just the right moment as our 7 year old was starting to ask a few awkward questions and his random statement of 'I know Santa isn't real so you can stop pretending' sent a tear to my eye. I did start to put doubts back into his mind about his statement by asking who eats the mincepie and carrot we put out and then I asked him to watch the video on the Elf website. He seemed to go back to the innocent little boy again so I figured if we can get another year or two of magic back then it would be money well spent.

Anyway the elf appeared on the morning of 1st December along with the accompanying book explaining his rules about needing a name so the magic could start, how he reports back to Santa each night and appears in a different place each morning and the big rule of NOT touching him. So far this has worked and he hasn't dared touch him.  I suggested calling him Gary after the late Gary Speed but his little mind was set immediately on Fred. Why I really don't know but Fred it is.

So far he has appeared in a number of places each morning and so far he has only come back to the same place once (yes you get what I mean by that lol).  The last couple of mornings he has appeared in positions that would indicate a bit of a party going on at the North Pole and he feeling a little worse for wear.

Fred was my inspiration for our Punky Scraps Christmas challenge. Full details are at Punky Central.


I used Hipstamatic pictures, the background was stamped with a stamp from the Cocoa Daisy November stamp kit using the Tim Holtz winter distress ink pads. I covered a chipboard christmas tree in some red and white spotty paper from My Minds Eye and added some bling, the journalling blocks are Websters Pages and the lace is some I had in my ribbon jar.

1 comment:

Roberto Machado Alves said...

A pretty simple and tender posting. I like it.