Thursday 22 December 2011

I went down to Elland Road on Sunday for some Christmas presents from the Leeds United superstore.


 
There are still tributes by the Billy Bremner statue in memory of Gary Speed who died earlier this month.  I took the time to have a look and snapped the above picture on my phone. It was heartwarming to see tributes from other teams in amongst the lovely bunches of flowers, shirts, scarves, hats, flags and teddy bears. The large wreaths just above the teddy bear's head to the left of the base of the statue look like they are the ones placed in the ground during the first home match after his death by the Leeds and Millwall managers and his former team mates (Gordon Strachan, Gary McAllister and the ever gorgeous David Batty). Pictures courtesy of my husband who is a season ticket holder at Leeds.






I'm using this picture I also took of the statue on Sunday morning as my skywatch picture for this week.  To see more skies from around the world please visit Skywatch this evening.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Grerat post!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

EG CameraGirl said...

Beautiful clear blue sky. A beautiful day to shop and take photos of statues and tributes.

Frostbite and Sunburn said...

Happy blue skies for a sombre memory. Thanks for sharing - and it's great that so many people paid tribute to Gary.
Have a great weekend.

theconstantwalker said...

A wonderful tribute... I have just had a lovely browse around your blog.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I wasn't familiar with Gary Speed so I googled the name. What a loss and only 42 years old.

Gattina said...

That's a rather sad skywatch !

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Love the Hipstamatic shots!