Thursday 15 September 2011

LSNED Plus A Bit Of A Skywatch

Day 13 was Tuesday and my lesson was I need to be more organised and not leave things until the last minute.  Also maybe not to overcommit.  I don't think I'll be taking on any more round robin things for a while.

Day 14 was yesterday and with it brought what I think must have been an absolutely outstanding sunset.  I only caught the very end of it and even then it was from the car when I was driving out of Asda carpark. (I did park back up to take the pic).  So this is my bit of a skywatch picture for this week. A bit of one because it is quite rubbish and blurry.  The blanket of cloud was black against the bottom bit of sky which was pink.  Not something I've seen for quite a while.




Day 15 is one that I have been learning all year.  Today is the first anniversary of my dad losing his wife to a very long battle against the horrible c disease.  We knew the end was coming and we hadn't seen her for a few months for no particular reason so myself and my daughter who was shortly going to university for her first year decided we would go to the hospice and made arrangements to visit on the wednesday (15th).  Unfortunately the time scale the doctor had given her didn't quite work out and she died a short time before we were due to visit.  I made the decision, along with my sister and brother, to go and see her anyway and I'm glad I did.  Back to the learning and my lesson learnt is that we can't dwell on regrets.  We can't change what has already happened.

I'm going to do something I never normally do and ask something so please don't take offence and just bypass it if you like because I feel guilty asking. My brother in law is running the Great North Run this weekend to raise money in her memory for the hospice where she died.  If you have a few spare pennies they are very much appreciated. His fund raising page is here 

3 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful capture.

Liz @ A Simple Life

Simply Delicious said...

Lovely!

Laura said...

beautiful photo. Thank you for sharing your heart with us.