Monday 20 September 2010

Starting Afresh With LSNED

My day 16 lesson after the very sad events of Wednesday 15th is that it is OK to take a day out and start afresh with the 17th lesson on a day that isn't the 17th September.


So day 17 is actually saturday which was the 18th.  We walked to the supermarket and I learnt that my son is way fitter than I am.  He set off running across the field and landed quite a while before me.






Day 18 - Thomas tracks are a pain in the butt to put together but a joy for my son to play with.







Day 19 is going to be today which is the 20th.  My lesson was one I learnt a long while ago but was reminded of this morning.  There is no reasoning with a person who is on the autistic spectrum and it is best to just embrace their quirks.  Crossing the road in a certain position everyday - things having to be done in a specific order - waving goodbye at school a certain number of times - each fastening on his scooter having to be in a particular place (to the millimetre).  The list goes on but you get the picture. 


No comments: