Wednesday 28 January 2015

Wednesday Is For Yarn And Reading

So back into the blogging and Wednesdays are for works in progress at Tamis Amis and also for reading progress on Yarn Along

It would appear that I've been out of the loop for far too long as Tami hasn't done a WIP Wednesday since September.  Hope she is OK and just taking a break.

In a bid to use up some of the aran yarn I've got I started the Sophie's Universe mystery blanket last week.  The pattern is here and is free.  There is a new clue every sunday for 20 weeks so I reckon by that time I will have used up a fair amount of the Drops Lima I've had for yonks.  I bought it for a fairisle knitted blanket originally but fairisle and me just do not get on long enough for such a big project.  Then I thought I would use some of it to make a crocheted jumper. Turns out the yarn is a bit too itchy to make that work so it has been sat in a dark cupboard hibernating until now. 

This is up to part 3



There are some rounds that are not easy to say the least but there is a step by step photo for every part which is so much help.  It is a well thought out and enjoyable project so far.

I'm reading a series of crime novels on my kindle by Karin Slaughter.  These are the Grant County series and I'm up to book 3 called A Faint Cold Fear


As it is a series of books with the same characters there are a lot of repeated facts from the other books for readers picking this up as an independent read.  Once you get past that they are easy to read and you are drawn in to the story.

6 comments:

Estela said...

Your blanket is looking really cute! Had to bookmark, would love to try making one.

Iris said...

the blanket is looking lovely - really like the combination of colours!

Mlissabeth said...

The blanket is gorgeous, like a mandala. It will be interesting to see when finished.

Lilly's Mom said...

Your blanket is so beautiful with the different rows of stitches and colors. It will be fun to see how it look when it's completed.

bookworm-Mary said...

I have Sophie's Universe in my queue-- hoping to find some colors around that I like. Love how yours is turning out so far!!!

Anonymous said...

That is going to be one classy looking blanket!