Monday 7 September 2009

Get On With It

Carrying on with learning something every day - 5th September was a lesson about take aways. They either turn up or they don't and saturday was a day for our pizza to stay at the shop and a lesson learnt that we won't be using that particular outlet again.

Lesson for 6th September is that plodding on with really boring knitting means satisfaction at the end of it. Having got through the monotony of countless boring rows is an achievement for me because I generally just give up and it goes to the frog pond. This is another term for ripping out all the stitches.

This was my lesson for yesterday. I have been doing a pair of socks which has 2 pattern rows repeated for what seems like forever. The only part that made it slightly interesting was the striping of the yarn. However, I carried on with it and I now have a completed pair of socks.



I have done the first 4 layouts for the Learn Something New Every Day class. No front cover yet. I've used a Love Elsie house shaped album I had.



4 comments:

Mary said...

Just popped over from LSNED to leave you a comment....love your house shaped book and all your journalling.

Julia Dunnit said...

You could almost print your blog for the journalling! Loving reading of your lessons. Do you sell the socks?

Polly said...

Wow - fab socks. I love those colours.

Jeanne said...

Love the socks - and happy for you that you got through them!