Saturday 5 September 2009

Things I Can And Can't Repair

I learnt a couple of new things yesterday.

Firstly, according to the veterinary nurse at her jab booster appointment yesterday, Daisy is chunky and we need to keep a very close eye on her weight. Her weight was 28kg which is on the top of average for a 1 year old labrador. Probably due to not as many walks during the school summer holidays, a week at the kennels eating and not running around the house as she normally does. I really need to measure her food and not use a gram more than she should have. I have been doing this though and she isn't fed treats and titbits all day. Must check it again. This is something I can repair though through responsible ownership.


Personally I don't think she looks chunky. This photo shows off her profile a bit clearer and she definitely has a waistline plus her ribs can be felt easily.


One thing I can't repair is my tumble dryer. I bought a new thermostat for my poorly ickle machine but it was having none of it and promptly blew up. A new one is on order and hopefully *fingers crossed* it will be here in 3 working days. I was amazed how technology has changed in the 4 years since I bought my old one. Apparently now they can sense how dry your clothes are and stop as soon as they are either iron dry????, cupboard dry????, hanger dry or bone dry. I have no idea what iron dry means - ready to iron so still a bit damp, cupboard dry I am assuming must mean they are dry and ready to put away in a cupboard ie bed linens, towels etc. This is the one I have gone for.






So my lessons learnt on Friday 4th September are that my dog is chunky and needs to lose a bit of weight and that repairing an appliance is not always the better option. Oh and that technology changes rapidly.

4 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Blimey, lots of lessons.I have a 'sensitive' tumble drier. When I set it to line dry it went on and on and on and on and on, so I don't use that setting much - coz you tend to set it and forget it..top tip then, experiment!
Meanwhile, I'm chunky. Perhaps you'd come live here for a while and measure and cook for me too?!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Dogs AND tumble dryers!! Lots learned today then!

Jeanne said...

Daisy is beautiful - she doesn't look chunky at all (my dog is chunky so I know!). Sorry to hear about the dryer, but hopefully the new one will come in soon.

Angie said...

I think Daisy looks fine but then what do I know lol Do dogs have growing spurts during their second year like cats ...maybe she is just getting ready for one.

Weights and animals are quite difficult .... our cats range from Skinny to very rotund and when we took our Sid to the vets because he has lost loads of weight , she said he seemed ok and was now at a perfect weight !!!!!