Saturday 19 September 2009

Shoes

My lesson for Friday is definitely to remember that pretty shoes are NEVER what they seem and will cripple you with blisters at every given opportunity.

Today is still a work in progress. After such a crazy week getting the shop up and running I decided to sit down today with and do some mindless easy knitting. I had in mind to start a scarf with some recycled sari yarn I bought from an indian Ebay seller a while ago. The yarn doesn't seem to have much spin to it and has snapped a few times. I'm going to try and carry on and see what happens. My lesson will either be to give things a go and see how they pan out or NEVER carry on with a pointless skein of yarn.

No pics today I'm afraid.

4 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

The shop looks fab Kerry, well done! Hope you get some chillaxing instead of frustration with the yarn. SOmetimes you just don't wanna lesson!

Jeanne said...

Good luck with the yarn - I bought some a few years ago, and ended up giving it to my sister who knit table mats that were gorgeous!

Claire said...

Whichever way the yarn pans out, ita a good lesson for the album.
x

Donna said...

yeah but the shoes were nice and you could always knit some slippers for weekend wear or even for going to school in you would still look more normal than some lol while your at it i need a new scarf