Wednesday 23 December 2009

Last Minute Essentials & A WOW Forecast

Last minute christmas essentials such as fresh veg and salad, bread etc can only be realistically bought a couple of days before and I usually end up doing a christmas eve dash. I decided this year that it would be different and I would be prepared so walked up the hill to Asda for our sprout tree and other bits and pieces. I say walked but slid would be a better word for it. Elsewhere in the country seems to have had lots of snow. We had a couple of centimetres (not even an inch for gods sake) that very quickly turned to icy slippery conditions. Considering the number of empty spaces in the supermarket car park it would have been easier to take the car but it's done now and we got some exercise in the process.

See those gold things - they are mirror ball tree decorations. They were reduced to £1.50 and I couldn't resist. Maybe I might think again when they blind us as the sun comes through the window.




I just checked out the forecast for the next week and WOW looks like we might actually get a bit of snow after all. It would be lovely if it comes on christmas day but I am not willing to put money on it as weather forecasters are notoriously unreliable.

3 comments:

Chris T said...

I like that weather site too but it's saying we're having light rain today so why have we just had 2 hours of snow!!!

Zoe said...

Merry Christmas. Hope you get your wished for snow.

Jeanne said...

Merry Christmas - hope you had a wonderful (and snowy!) holiday