Thursday 31 May 2012

Skywatch With Sculptures

Yesterday I was lucky enough to be able to accompany my youngest son's class on a school trip to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park. It was a beautiful day and I really wish I had taken the camera with me. I used my phone instead for this little collection of shots.




Sheep waiting for their fur clipping around their bottoms - yes I know - yuckety yuk




A hole in the roof of an old deer shelter. I could have sat for hours watching the clouds.








A Henry Moore




A weird rabbit thing cut on two




and the rear view




Some giant metal figures with holes in them




A funny egg thing




Lots of the kids said this one looked like a rugby ball




The beautiful scenery




and I couldn't resist an arty farty shot through one of the trademark holes in this collection of Barbara Hepworth sculptures.
It's definitely worth the £7.50 parking fee if it's a nice day as everything is spread out over quite a distance. Prior warning though that in some parts sheep roam freely and there is a lot of poop.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great tour!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Gemma Wiseman said...

A scenic, arty world ripe for some great photos! Interesting statues - love the Henry Moore - and love the last perspective!

Laura said...

I could sit there and watch the sky for hours too...beautiful images!

Shoshana said...

I love the pictures here. Thanks for sharing.

Sylvia K said...

Lovely skies, beautiful scenes and such a wonderful tour you've taken us on! Thank you for sharing the beauty! Have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Pat said...

What a beautiful place for school children to visit! There are some interesting and unusual objets d'art! I really like the sheep on the green grass with the blue sky above.

Black Jack's Carol said...

You did well with your phone-shots. I especially loved the giant metal figures, the Henry Moore, and your "arty-farty" creation :)